Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My First Attempt to Shed The Unwanted Pounds

Hi everyone, my name is Sahara, and welcome to my weight loss blog. This weight loss journey of mine has been a long one. It goes as far back as my high-school years, when I was once wearing a size 13. I don't exactly know how much I weighed back then because I never weighed myself, but all I can remember is that I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin, and my clothes didn't fit the way I wanted them to.

So I decided that I was going to do something about it, and join my local gym, where I took aerobic classes, did a ton of cardio, and weightlifting. Within a few weeks I saw a big difference within my body and I had lost quite a bit of weight. I probably would have seen even bigger changes if I had changed my eating habits, but unfortunately, this was something that I still struggled with, and never changed or incorporated in my weight loss routine.

Though I struggled with my eating habits, I still remained pretty committed to working out, until I met my boyfriend, who is now my husband. I was **IN LOVE**! I began to spend all my free time with my new love bug, and didn't find any time for myself, specifically the gym. His complimenting me all the time also made me feel somewhat comfortable, and content with where I was at, though I hadn't reached my weight loss goal yet. I hadn't exactly pick a goal weight that I wanted to be, but all I know is that I wasn't yet there. I was living life to the point where I ditched my goal and neglected a problem that would later haunt me.

I was in love and enjoying life. Going out to the movies, hanging out with my babe, partying with friends, and eating and drinking all the wrong foods, and too much of it! I must have ate pizza about 5 nights a week, and some other kind of fast food on the other two remaining nights. Not to mention lunchtime. I don't remember eating at home much, but that's because I didn't. Anyways, this cycle continued for a while, and then I notice something. I had put on a few pounds, and that my new lifestyle just undid my hard work. Once again, I was starting to feel uncomfortable with myself and I didn't like it, and to make matters worse, I discovered I was "pregnant" as well........Ya..this calls for a moment of silence...and a long one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment